Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB) AB 508 Workplace Violence Prevention Certification Program
65.00 | Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB)
About this course:
This course was designed in compliance with OSHA, SB 1299 and AB 508. Completing this course will grant the student up to four (4) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through the California Board of Registered Nursing (CE Provider Number 17260).
- To get AB 508 certified so you can get back to work and to get out early.
- Safety for You, for the individual who is escalated along with anyone else in the area who may be in jeopardy.
- Working together as a team, even ahead of time, to ensure the best possible outcome when dealing with potential violence.
- Recognizing potential problems ahead of time so that you can initiate the most therapeutic effective interventions.
- Understanding why individuals become aggressive and what roles we the staff play in either de-escalating or provoking the behavior.
- To learn how to DE-ESCALATE an upset or escalating individual or situation before it becomes violent.
- To know when to remove yourself from the situation or area so the appropriate people can intervene.
- Learn ways to protect yourself when an individual becomes aggressive as well as the legalities and liabilities of defending yourself.
Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB)
Preventing assaultive events before they occur is the key and verbal de-escalation techniques may help in preventing injury to the client or yourself. This course emphasizes verbal strategies and does cover aspects of hands-on techniques to prevent harm.
Click the "Open" button to launch the course.