About this course:
Refresh your IV Insertion Skills with this module. Complete half of your CEU hours @ home and come in for skills. This self-study module is designed as the online theory segment of IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal of Educate Simplify’s full 3-day course.
For RNs & Rad Techs — feel free to complete this online segment and come into our Los Angeles Training Center for a weekend skills session.
Total CEU hours:
RNs = online certificate + skills = 30 hours
Radiology Technologists = online certificate + skills = 24 A+
This course has been certified by or provided by the following Certified Organization/s:
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
34.00 Hours – Reference: ANCC#56-16
California Board of Registered Nursing (CBRN)
12.00 Hours – Reference: CEP# 15273
Florida Board of Nursing
12.00 Hours – Exam Pass Rate: 70 -Reference: 20-428685
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist, Recognized Continuing Education Evaluation Mechanism (ARRT RCEEM)
24.00 Credits – Exam Attempts: 3 – Exam Pass Rate: 75
California Board of Vocational Nursing
36.00 Hours – Reference: 1B-2497
IV therapy and Blood Withdrawal (Theory/Online)
Upon completion of IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal course, YOU will be able to:
1. List the areas of anatomy primarily used in the initiation of Intravenous Therapy (IV).
2. List the Physiological reasons for IV.
3. Name the different pieces used and the reasons for their use.
4. Name the different types of IV solutions used and the reasons for their use.
5. List the use of Hyperalimentation and Lipid use, and what patients would require them.
6. Know the major electrolytes, their functions, and symptoms of excess or deficit.
7.Accurately calculate IV drip rates for manual flow control.
8.List the different sites available, means of protecting the sites and proper patient preparation for IV Therapy.
9.List of the steps of the IV insertion procedure, with emphasis on the safety issues.
10.Give reasons why a patient should need a Central catheter and the nurses role in the insertion of the line.
11.Give reasons why a patient should require blood transfusions and the nurses role in the insertion of the line.
12. List the complication and the trouble shooting measures of IV Therapy.
13. Successfully fulfill the requirements of State of California LVN Board in the practical application of IV insertion.
IV therapy and Blood Withdrawal